2nd Annual Peep Diorama Contest
hosted by the SCPL
1. Contest is open to all patrons of the Smyth County Public Library System.
2. Each diorama must be based on a book or literary theme.
3. All characters must be portrayed by peeps (any shape, color, or flavor)! This year we are providing two packs of peeps to get you started. Please sign up at any one of our 3 branches to get these.
4. Be creative! Make the diorama using a shoe box or similarly sized box. Size should be no bigger than 2 feet wide by 2 feet deep by 2 feet tall.
5. Show it off! Take 2 photos of your diorama and email them to email@example.com. Photos must be in .jpeg or a .png file.
Please include in the email:
Your name, age, and home town (we will have 3 divisions: juvenile – up to age 12, young adult – age 13 to age 18, & adult – over age 18. There will be a winner in each division).
Name, age, and home town of anybody who contributed to the diorama.
Phone number and email address (not for publication).
The title of your diorama.
Captions accompanying your photos about your creations or its significance.
All entries must have the preceding information to be considered in the contest. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep your dioramas intact. When all submissions are in, the top 5 finalists will be picked by library staff. Those finalists will need to bring their dioramas to SCPL in Marion for final judging.
6. All photos submissions must be sent by March 12th. The top 5 finalists will be notified by March 14th so they can bring their dioramas to SCPL in Marion (by March 19th) for judging. The dioramas will spend a week at each branch location for patron voting. The voting schedule will be as follows:
a. March 21st – 27th Saltville
b. March 28th – April 3th Chilhowie
c. April 4th – 11th Marion
All votes will be tallied and the winners will be announced on April 12th at our National Library Week Open House. All decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
Prizes: To be Announced